What are vape pens and cartridges?
Vape pens are vaporizers -- they are designed to vaporize cannabis oil and distillate. For cannabis consumption, vape pens provide portability, ease of use, and functionality. They are shaped like pens, thus making them easy to carry. Other forms include cartridges, which are pre-loaded cannabis oil vape pens, disposable wax pens, or hash oil vape pens.
The Rise and Future of Vaping
Who uses Cannabis Vape pen and why?
Marijuana users are looking for innovative ways to consume the drug. Vape pens provide such an alternative, and their popularity is likely to last, given their smoke-free nature.
Vape pens are fast becoming a favorite among cannabis users. In fact, the word ‘vape’ has become such a common word that it was included in the Oxford dictionary, and even won the Word of the Year award in 2014. Vape pens are also favored by people who want to manage their pain, mood, muscle spasm and inflammation without smoke exposure.
Anatomy of Vape Pens
Vape pens are also gaining traction for the following reasons:
- Portability: Vape pens are the easiest way to enjoy hash oil and cannabis on the go. The compact and sleek designs help in discreet vaping, unlike the distracting qualities of large vaping products and other cannabis products that produce smoke and odor.
- Dosing: For beginners, using the wrong dosage is a major concern because anything above the required quantity might cause harsh results. Vape pens allow controlled dosage with each inhalation.
- Ease of use: Using a vape pen is as simple as screwing a pen cap unto its body. With the push of a button, the user can inhale instantly.
Advantages of vape pens over smokable methods
Not every cannabis user wants to smoke using traditional burning methods. Some prefer safer methods like vaping, where health risks are significantly reduced, along with other irritants.
Pros of using Vape Pens
- Flavor: Unlike traditional smoking methods, vape pens come with different flavors that can be changed.
- Smoke-free: Many medical patients who rely on cannabis suffer from respiratory problems. Smoking cannabis through traditional methods can irritate their lungs. For such patients, vape pens are a welcome alternative to relieving their medical conditions.
- Health hazard: Smoking releases more than 400 chemicals into the environment. Vaping, on the other hand, doesn’t release any smoke.
- Quit smoking: Vape pens are said to reduce the consumption of cannabis over time. Therefore, they can work as a smoking cessation aid.
What are the cons?
Research is still ongoing regarding the drawbacks of long-term use of vape pens. However, there are a few things to note:
- High cost: Vape pens are costly when compared to traditional methods.
- Unsafe to use: Due to malfunctioning of the battery and improper charging, the pens can explode, leading to injuries.
What are the best vape pens for cannabis?
There are hundreds of vaping devices to choose from. To select the best vape pens in the market, it’s essential to know the different types of features vape pens offer.
- Fixed voltage: The pen has a fixed voltage output preventing the the user from altering the settings.
- Tube mods: Vape pens with tube mods feature sub ohm vaping, which means vaping with a coil having a resistance less than 1 ohm. It helps in fulfilling the cannabis craving.
- Variable voltage: The power to increase or decrease the voltage results in a seamless experience, enabling the user to play around with the flavor intensity and throat hit.
- Variable temperature: Vape pens with variable temperature enable the user to prevent the dry hit.
Final word -- words of caution
While vaporizing might bring satisfaction, safety should always be a priority. Overcharging is a real concern, and so is product selection. It is wise to choose well-reviewed products that have built a reputation in regards to safety. With safety concerns in check, using vape pens are a great alternative to traditional smoking -- an alternative that reduces several health-risks and irritants caused by inhaling burnt cannabis.