Ordering Cannabis Online: Understanding Mail Order Cannabis
Online trading platforms are an integral part of today’s society. Online commercial trading platforms such as Amazon and eBay have become a massive part of the daily lives of individuals worldwide. It is no surprise that cannabis – like almost any other commercial product – can now be purchased online.
Cannabis can be purchased online from stores often referred to as online dispensaries. Online dispensaries are stores which stock cannabis and cannabis products for sale over the internet. Depending on the jurisdiction in which the dispensary is found, online dispensaries can cater to medical patients, recreational consumers or both.
Online dispensaries make use of postal services to deliver purchased products to paying consumers. While some dispensaries prefer to use private couriers, a great number of online dispensaries utilise the local postal services to distribute their products.
Packaged Boxes for Delivery. Source
How does Mail Order Weed Work?
The processes involved in ordering cannabis and cannabis products via online platforms is the same as the processes involved with regular commercial websites. Although certain websites might differ, ordering cannabis products online generally goes through the following steps;
- Step One: Registration and Verification. A large number of online cannabis dispensaries require prospective buyers to register with their databases. This is a step which all online medical marijuana dispensaries require as a patient’s status needs to be verified before shopping. With some recreational dispensaries, a verification of age is required to access cannabis products.
- Step Two: Get Shopping. Once registered and verified if necessary, prospective buyers may begin shopping. Many online dispensaries categorise their products so shopping is usually not a difficult process.
- Step Three: Pay and Checkout. Once all desired items have been selected, buyers can proceed to pay and check out. At checkout point, delivery details are provided to the dispensary.
- Step Four: Wait. Once all steps have been completed, the purchased products will be dispatched direct to the customer’s address. Some packages may need to be signed for, depending on the policies of the delivery company used.
Why is Ordering Cannabis Online a Good Thing?
Ordering cannabis online has many advantages over shopping in a physical store. Some of these advantages include the following;
- Convenience – The biggest advantage to ordering cannabis online is convenience. Ordering cannabis online requires little to no effort from the cannabis consumer. Unlike physical stores, online stores do not even require the customer to leave the house.
- Ease of Access – Online cannabis stores can be accessed anywhere in the world. As long as the cannabis consumer has a network connection, an internet capable phone and a functional means of payment, cannabis and cannabis products can be easily purchased. Of course, the delivery of those products depends on legal restrictions within the consumer’s region.
- Wide Variety of Products – Many online dispensaries stock a wider variety of products in comparison to physical cannabis stores that are easier to compare.
- Promotional Deals – Promotional deals, offers and sales are a common occurrence on cannabis dispensaries which operate online.
- Discretion – Online cannabis dispensaries offer customers a private way to shop. Unlike physical stores, individuals do not have to be worried about being spotted in these locations.
What Unique Features Do Online Stores Have That Real Life Dispensaries Do Not?
Cannabis dispensaries offer unique experiences to the consumers who utilise them. Some features which enhance the overall experience of online cannabis dispensaries are;
- Blogs and Newsletters – Many online dispensaries have affiliated blogs and newsletters. Cannabis consumers seeking to expand their knowledge of cannabis and cannabis preparations can visit affiliated blogs. These blogs not only contain useful information on cannabis but also trends in cannabis law worldwide.
- Value For Purchases – Many online dispensaries give better value for purchases than physical stores or black market vendors, and the products are easier to compare. Many dispensaries come with perks such as sales and promotional offers.
How Often Do You Get 'Free Shipping' With Cannabis Bought Online?
Free shipping, as the name implies, means that no additional cost will be charged for sending out cannabis orders. Free shipping is one of the biggest advantages of online dispensaries. Some sites grant free shipping for purchases above a certain amount, whereas other sites ship free for a stipulated period of time.
The same benefits that attract customers to shop online instead of in physical stores apply to cannabis products. Online dispensaries make use of the postal service in order to deliver cannabis to paying customers. Online dispensaries come with a plethora of advantages including user discretion and promotional offers. However, while customers can browse products from anywhere in the world, make sure that you use trusted online stores, and refer to the laws in your region before attempting to purchase cannabis products online.